Membership Benefits and Application
Members of Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center include cancer researchers, oncology physicians and support staff. Membership is designed for academic and medical professionals.
All members receive regular information, primarily through e-mail, about cancer center research activities, symposia, education, outreach and other activities in furtherance of the cancer center's mission.
Members also receive these benefits:
- Priority access to the cancer center's shared resources
- The ability to apply for competitive access to the cancer center's intramural funds, notably grants-in-aid for academic clinical oncologists, seed grants, bridge funding and protocol specific data management support
- Administrative support to execute clinical contract and grant proposals, to execute collaborative funding proposals such as P01 and U01 proposals, "roadmap" proposals, T32 training grants, or SPORES; these proposals are characterized by substantial, multidisciplinary participation of researchers
- Support for post-award administration
- Support from the clinical research office, data management and recruitment
- Quality IRB administrative support
- Access to the cancer center information systems support team
- Priority use of cancer center meeting facilities
- Ability to apply for CCSG-supported leadership positions
- Access to office and research space controlled by the cancer center
- Access to the cancer center development director for assistance with fundraising
- Access to cancer-related administrative support and resources such as: Survey Monkey, recording devices, cameras, laptops, projectors and video-conferencing software.